Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Build day by Lynn Lowry..Photos by Stephanie Mcnulla







Today began as a very "normal" day, but then I raised my hand "jokingly" to be in charge of building a house.....and of course, Mark saw me and selected me.....I got to select my 1st "foreman/assistant" who happened to be Owen Parrish......We then divided up into teams and our team was taken to the site, which Mark said wasn't too steep or rocky.....but it was steep and rocky and way up a hill....We weren't complaining and we immediately began hauling wood up the hill and others stayed up to begin getting the site ready.....It was an amazing day and everyone was so wonderful.......I had my two boys there, Kris, Tim, Jeanette, Benj., Chris Smith, Will Hutson, Jennifer Commander and alot of others that were awesome...The names I mentioned are from DF, our church, and it was great being with them and getting to know the others better.......The family that we built for was very humble and gracious and watched anxiously the whole day until we finally finished our new house.....Owen Parrish was awesome and he really was the one that was "in charge" the whole day and got us through our building process.....It is amazing what God can do through us and with us....I never dreamed in a million years that I would be in charge of building a house for some family in Honduras.......especially being able to share this with my husband and two teenage sons.........Our God is an awesome God and so are our people who are here with Torch helping those who need so much.......May God Bless Us All.......Continue to pray for our crew, Mark and Lori and by all means, these people in Honduras....In him, Lynn Lowry





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go with that chain saw Melissa Wood! What a wonderful article. Building a home for these people is so rewarding and God is smiling on all of you. I hope you realize just what an impact you are all making. I am so proud of you and I don't even know you. God bless and keep you safe.
Linda Wood, Okolona Church of Christ, Louisville KY

Ralph Parrish said...

Lynn,

Wonderful post. Don't let Owen read it because it's better for him in his life to come to understand that you were really in charge!!! Keep safe and relish the mountaintop!! God bless.

Ralph Parrsih said...

P.S.

Drew really looked like he was into the roof construction on that house!!!

Melanie J said...

yeah Melissa! get 'em!